Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the maximum user I can connect to and Instant solution and use VC as DHCP server ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the maximum user I can connect to and Instant solution and use VC as DHCP server ?

Posted Mar 28, 2015 07:50 AM

What is the Maximum number of Concurrent user I can achive with INstant solution and use the VC as DHCP server for All APs and all Clinets?

• 2.  RE: What is the maximum user I can connect to and Instant solution and use VC as DHCP server ?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 05:07 AM

Hi,

With IAP deployment, concurrent users are depends on how many AP are members of that cluster hence it highly scalable.

in IAP deployment, client traffic will be handled by the local IAP itself. but if you have local DHCP(DHCP in VC) model definitely there will be a cap for the pool size. hence Aruba came out with a deployment model called Distributed L2 and Distributed L3, in these model DHCP will be running in the respective IAP rather than in centralised VC.

Therefore, with Aruba IAP you can have highly scalable deployment model interns of concurrent clients and DHCP.

hope got some clarity on this,

Please feel free if any further clarification required.

• 3.  RE: What is the maximum user I can connect to and Instant solution and use VC as DHCP server ?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 10:56 AM

in our Deployment this will be one cluster only 10 IAP so one will act as a master and all are slaves

• 4.  RE: What is the maximum user I can connect to and Instant solution and use VC as DHCP server ?

Posted Mar 30, 2015 11:24 AM

Hi,

Max clients per AP depends on multiple factors, AP model, Expected performance, types users and many other. any way as per the Aruba data sheet as shown bellow, you can go upto 255 clients per AP but as I mentioned earlier, we have limit this according to the deployment scenario for better performance.

For your Ref:

IAP_DS.png

Hope you got more clarity on this.