Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the range of a good signal with 5 Ghz for AP-345

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  What is the range of a good signal with 5 Ghz for AP-345

Posted Dec 30, 2019 02:14 PM

Hello,

We have a few offices that are in open space locations and we have AP-345 Access Points in production.  The wireless network reception is much better when you are closer to the Access Points which makes sense; but, the signal begins to be difficult around 30 meters from the nearest A.P.

I think that makes sense; but, I wanted to find the range that an AP-345 can provide a reliable signal for.  I found a data sheet doucment; but, it does not gurantee any distance.  That does make sense to me because Aruba will have no control of any obsticles in the way of the end user device and the A.P.  https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP340Series.pdf

I wanted to ask if tehre is a best practice distance for good signal reachability for an Aruba AP-345 and and end user device?  If there is an open space an no cemenbt or steel obstructions for Wireless connectivity. Version is 8.3.0.3 and the A.P.'s are connected with Ethernet Switch POE.

• 2.  RE: What is the range of a good signal with 5 Ghz for AP-345
    Best Answer