Wireless Access

This community is currently in a read-only state due to a maintenance window. For more info click here
Highlighted
Contributor I

When internal certificate is replaced, the error says a private key is not included.

Hi,

I want to replace my server cert to Aruba internal server for 802.1x setting.
When I tried to upload my server cert to the internal server, the error says that "private key is not included"(I don't remember complete error message). Should I need to create a server cert from CSR generated from IAP215? I can't find setting to create CSR on the setting though.

My procedure to create server cert.

1) Create a private key for server
$ openssl genrsa -aes256 2048 > radius_key.pem
2) Create a CSR for CA
$ openssl req -new -key radius_key.pem -out radius_csr.pem
3) Create a CA certificate from CA private key
$ openssl x509 -req -CA cacert.pem -CAkey caprikey.pem -CAcreateserial -CAserial ca-serial.srl -in radius_csr.pem -out servercert.pem -days 365

From the result, I created "servercert.pem"
I include a private key for server cert during above procedure as you can see. But the error says no. 

Can you point out why I see an error during replacing certificate? 

Regards
Simon

Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: When internal certificate is replaced, the error says a private key is not included.

Did you include (concatenate) both the key and certificate in the file that you upload during the import?

This ASE solution may help you with the right openssl commands to create a captive portal certificate (self-signed or CA signed).

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: