Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

When internal certificate is replaced, the error says a private key is not included.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  When internal certificate is replaced, the error says a private key is not included.

Posted May 29, 2019 09:07 AM

Hi,

I want to replace my server cert to Aruba internal server for 802.1x setting.
    When I tried to upload my server cert to the internal server, the error says that "private key is not included"(I don't remember complete error message). Should I need to create a server cert from CSR generated from IAP215? I can't find setting to create CSR on the setting though.

My procedure to create server cert.

1) Create a private key for server
    $ openssl genrsa -aes256 2048 > radius_key.pem
    2) Create a CSR for CA
    $ openssl req -new -key radius_key.pem -out radius_csr.pem
    3) Create a CA certificate from CA private key
    $ openssl x509 -req -CA cacert.pem -CAkey caprikey.pem -CAcreateserial -CAserial ca-serial.srl -in radius_csr.pem -out servercert.pem -days 365

From the result, I created "servercert.pem"
    I include a private key for server cert during above procedure as you can see. But the error says no. 

Can you point out why I see an error during replacing certificate? 

Regards
    Simon

• 2.  RE: When internal certificate is replaced, the error says a private key is not included.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2019 09:32 AM

Did you include (concatenate) both the key and certificate in the file that you upload during the import?

This ASE solution may help you with the right openssl commands to create a captive portal certificate (self-signed or CA signed).