Wireless Access

New Contributor

Why cant I debug the DHCP exchange on the controller for my wifi clients

I have a very strange problem that I cannot seem to resolve involving a Aruba Mobility 3600 controller (Ver 6.3.1.8) AP105's DHCP Relay agent on a checkpoint firewall to a windows 2kr8 DHCP server.

I have a problem debugging the DHCP exchange on the controller between any WiFi client and the DHCP server.  I know that the server is able to provide addresses to windows 7 laptops so I assume all my other devices (router firewall) are configured correctly, however no other type of client Iphone, android phones etc are able to get DHCP. I have debugged everything I can think of on the checkpoint side and from the DHCP server, I can see the DHCP discover, then the DHCP offer but no DHCP request come back to the server which leads me to believe the offer isnt reaching the clients.

I am now trying to view the DHCP exchange on the controller, I have checked on numerous support pages and it always refers to the following commands....

logging level debugging network subcat dhcp

<replicate issue>

show log network 50

I cant work out why there is nothing showing on screen when i issue the show command. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Luke

Guru Elite

Re: Why cant I debug the DHCP exchange on the controller for my wifi clients

it might be overkill but check out the DHCP fingerprinting VRD herehttp://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/ArubaOS-DHCP-Fingerprinting/ta-p/155604

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
New Contributor

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the link I have been looking through and again it states that I should be able to view the DHCP packet exchange using the commands.....

logging level debugging network

show log network all

but i dont get any output regarding DHCP using this command either.

Do i have to do something else to view the DHCP packets on the controller?

Many Thanks

Luke

Guru Elite

Luke,

That should be all that you need.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: