Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Windows 10 native VPN issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Windows 10 native VPN issue

Posted Oct 18, 2019 12:22 PM
    Hi,

I’m using a 7210 controller on version 8.5 for a remote access VPN solution (using native 10 client).

I know this is an Aruba forum and not Microsoft; but I’m hoping someone else has seen this issue:

I want to use the machine certificate on the laptop (EAP TLS). I setup the VPN profile in windows 10 to be IKEv2, then told it to use machine certificates. It asks you if you want to select a EAP profile or use machine certificates. When I select machine certificates it finds the certificate fine and sends it onto Clearpass ... but Clearpass doesn’t see an authentication method. Almost like Windows isn’t sending one as part of the request.

Then I tried changing to EAP and use certificates. No matter what variation of this option I configure it keeps saying there is no certificate to use for this EAP request.

There is defo a machine certificate and we do our WiFi using EAP TLS via Clearpass. It sees the request and uses AD to verify the computer.

But now Clearpass sees the request but no authentication type. It says no user found, no authentication method found.

Anyone had this issue? Feels very much like Microsoft ... Clearpass is seeing the request when I just select machine certificates but it doesn’t leave windows if I select anything else in the VPN profile.

Thanks in advance