Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Controller with two different Radius auth sources(Clearpass and ISE)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Wireless Controller with two different Radius auth sources(Clearpass and ISE)

Posted Jul 20, 2018 03:07 PM

Hi,

a bit of an interesting request. We have a controller at one of our local sites(ties back to the master at our main office) which supports about 50 AP's, uses local vlans/subnets and calls in to Clearpass for Radius,OnGuard.. typical communication for our SSID's. One of our local groups at that site(different networking group with another network) wants to use our Aruba solution(call it the business infrastructure) for wireless(so AP and Controller), but have their communication(Radius auth) tie back in to ISE, as it is the solution they are using, when connecting to a different SSID, 

I am unsure if I am making any sense, but they basically are asking if a single aruba controller can support both Clearpass and ISE simultaneously depending on which SSID they connect to. If they connect to our "Business" SSID, they get connected through Clearpass and expected behavior is followed. If they decide to connect to "Not Business", ISE is the one answering the Radius request and handles authentication. Considering this is a local controller, I don't see this being possible. 

Any thoughts on this potential scenario?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Wireless Controller with two different Radius auth sources(Clearpass and ISE)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2018 03:23 PM

It is possible.  This is how a "SSID" is constructed:

Virtual AP

SSID Profile

AAA proifile

Server Group

In your scenario you would just have a different Virtual AP Different SSID profile, different AAA profile and a different server group.

• 3.  RE: Wireless Controller with two different Radius auth sources(Clearpass and ISE)

Posted Jul 21, 2018 07:53 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply!

The more I thought about it, the more it made sense it could be done.

Thanks for confirming .

Have a great weekend