Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Imaging?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Wireless Imaging?

Posted May 04, 2017 04:02 PM

Hello, we are an existing Aruba customer who is switching over slowly to mostly wireless desktop clients in our production network.  We utilize Symantec Ghost 3.1 for imaging of in place desktop machines.  Is there a way to do this over our wireless to those desktop machines or will this tank those specific APs?  I haven't tried this out of fear of bringing down the bandwidth.  If this is possible, and settings I should mess with to make multicast + unicast happier?

• 2.  RE: Wireless Imaging?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 04, 2017 04:46 PM

Since wireless is a shared mechanism, downloading 2 gigs of traffic will definitely affect other people on the same access point.  It would be good to hear from others who have tried this, as well.

• 3.  RE: Wireless Imaging?

Posted May 12, 2017 10:32 AM

You are talking about OS imaging the computer correct? It has been my understanding that this could not be done due to the fact that the drivers necessary for the wireless nic to function are not "onboard" the nic or motherboard like a standard integrated nic. Since those drivers are installed on the drive containing the OS it wouldn't work. 

Am I wrong on this? Are there ways to work around the driver issue?

• 4.  RE: Wireless Imaging?

Posted May 12, 2017 10:42 AM

Correct this is referring to system OS imaging.  I wasn't worried about the drivers as we use Ghost 3.1 which allows us to inject any drivers necessary for windows PE booting at time of boot, but what I was concerned about was the imaging process using multicast crushing the speed of the particular AP.