Wireless Access

New Contributor

Wireless Network Configuration

This is my first experience with Aruba and I need a little advice on configuration. First, my limitations. I need to setup two warehouse environments for wireless coverage. The first warehouse is one big vlan that includes the servers, wired clients and wireless clients. The second warehouse is in a smaller vlan that is routabe to the first vlan. The vlans can't be changed and no new vlans can be added. I know this is not a good situation, but it is what I have to work within. There will be 100 wireless client devices all of the same type. There will be one SSID for both warehouses. It should be easy enough to setup the two redundant controllers and access points in the first warehouse. What I'm not certain about is the best way to to connect the seven APs from the second warehouse to the controllers in the first. My first thought is the GRE tunnel from AP to the controllers. Is that right or does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Wireless Network Configuration

The Aruba APs will form GRE tunnels back to the controllers, so if the VLAN at the second warehouse is routable back to the first warehouse it should work. In that scenario, your wireless users for both warehouses will end up on the wired VLAN of the warehouse where the controllers reside.

Is this the functionality you want?

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
New Contributor

Re: Wireless Network Configuration

It is. Thanks for the clarification.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: