Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

addition failed as max limit has been reached - but why?

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

we have an MM-VA-500 - working fine. I have 6 controllers added to it but I can't add another one. I think I somewhen read about CPU limitation of the virtual mobility master but I can't find the document now.

Can you please send me the document or tell me why there is the limition because it should be working with 50 controllers.

Thanks,

Raffa

Guru Elite

Re: addition failed as max limit has been reached - but why?

Do you have the screenshot of the error?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

sure - here you go :) it is just "mac" + subject-text

Guru Elite

Do you have the output of "show log error 10" and "show log system 10"?  Also, what version of ArubaOS is this?  

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

it says: Jan 7 12:43:21 <profmgr 399816>  <5477> <ERRS> |profmgr|  Device remove failed.                          GSM update failed due to error 42 [error_no_free_slots
Jan 7 12:43:21 <profmgr 399816>  <5477> <ERRS> |profmgr|  Error adding device 00                         :0b:86:b8:37:3d Error = error_no_free_slots

which slots are not free?

thanks

raffael

Guru Elite

What is the output of "show inventory"?

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

thanks for the help - looks like I got tricked.

output: Active device type              : MM-VA-50

but in the webinterface it says: licensepool 0/500 - so I can address 500 APs but with the VA-50 only 50 should be possible? Because devices are APs and controllers and clients are phones and so on, right? I already had up to 90 APs running at the same time with 2 controllers.

and I have already 6 Controllers in the mobility master - so I am confused...

regards,

raffa

Guru Elite

You need to size your VM hardware with the correct specifications (memory, CPU, storage) otherwise it will see it as a 50. Shut down the VM, change the parameters and start it up again

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

yes! at least I was not wrong - in my previous post I wrote " I think I somewhen read about CPU limitation of the virtual mobility master but I can't find the document now." - so i really tried to google and find the right document about specifications but could not find it. Do you mind helping me out here?

thanks for the help!

Guru Elite

Please see the Virtual Machine Installation guide here:. https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=32542

It will save you alot of frustrations

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: