Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

banner not coming up

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  banner not coming up

Posted Aug 23, 2019 10:04 PM

recently installed a new banner.  We have a aruba 7210 with 6.4.4.10. master and 7030 slave.  banner is coming up on guest wireless on the master controller APs but not on the slave controller APs.  Any help appreciated.

• 2.  RE: banner not coming up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2019 07:43 AM

Do you mean the guest page?  Do you have an ip address on the guest vlan on the 7030?

• 3.  RE: banner not coming up

Posted Aug 25, 2019 04:30 PM

Yes, the captive portal guest page.  I went back to the master controller APs again. Actually they are not working either.  I get the banner but don't get farther than that.  Just banner, click proceed, then banner comes back up again.  I get ip address.

• 4.  RE: banner not coming up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2019 04:31 PM

What do you click on to Proceed?

• 5.  RE: banner not coming up

Posted Aug 25, 2019 04:33 PM

A big button that says "proceed".  I know this html captive portal should work because we're using it for our Cisco Wireless, same captive portal.

• 6.  RE: banner not coming up
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2019 04:36 PM

Cisco and Aruba use different methods to signal that a user has authenticated.  You most likely need to  have someone look at the html to see if the proper method is being used.

• 7.  RE: banner not coming up

Posted Aug 25, 2019 06:40 PM

So, I got it to work but after about10 minutes it drops and the wireless icon says "no internet/ open"