Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

broadcast filtering on different types of VAP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  broadcast filtering on different types of VAP

Posted Oct 18, 2019 03:41 PM

Hi,

AOS 8.4.0.4

We have a number of different VAPs including dot1x, captive portal, and (for various reasons, don't ask!) lots of locally bridged VAPs. Over time and possibly during the recent migration to AOS8 I think the configs have become a little out of kilter so I'm having a clear-up. We are also having some issues with what could be a lot of ARP traffic (we have a TAC case open) so I'm keeping an eye out for config errors.

Can I check what the recommendations are for 'dynamic-mcast-optimization' 'broadcast-filter arp' and 'broadcast-filter all'. For example I think the last advice I read was to turn broadcast-filter arp off on locally bridged SSIDs. Is there some guidance as to what should be switched on on which types of VAP?

Thanks in advance,

Guy

• 2.  RE: broadcast filtering on different types of VAP

Posted Nov 07, 2019 05:59 AM

We're still looking at this (though the ARP issues we were seeing are largely resolved).

The advice is to turn 'broadcast filter arp' off on bridged SSIDs. In testing turning 'broadcast filter all' on or off on our bridged SSID doesn't seem to have any effect (which I guess makes sense if the traffic is bridged).