Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

Posted Nov 11, 2015 03:44 PM

We have a Clearpass server (6.4.6.72714) and had an issue with one person getting onboarded - it kept saying invalid user/password when trying to log into the onboarding portal. Just wondering if there are restrictions on characters in the users password (we authenticate to AD).

He had put a space in his new password and when we needed to onboard him it failed, we finally changed his password and it worked, but wanted to check on any special character restrictions for the application - does any body have any information?

Thank you!

Lirria

• 2.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2015 04:02 PM

I am not sure this is documented, but I believe the following are valid characters:

a-z, A-Z, 0-9, (){}&!@#$%^*?_=.,+-<>/

• 3.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

Posted Nov 12, 2015 04:15 PM

Yeah - pretty sure it really hates having a space in the password. 

Thanks!

Gerri

• 4.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

Posted Apr 08, 2016 05:12 PM

Hey Guys,

How does it check if valid?  I tested with mickey.com and it worked.  Is there a way to actually check against a valid email address.  Is there a location where we can check information against.  I also tested witha government email address and it came back as not valid....

• 5.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 05:16 PM

@browneyed_wifi wrote:

Hey Guys,

How does it check if valid?  I tested with mickey.com and it worked.  Is there a way to actually check against a valid email address.  Is there a location where we can check information against.  I also tested witha government email address and it came back as not valid....

Clearpass Onboarding checks a username and password against AD.  Are you referring to Guest?

• 6.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

Posted Apr 11, 2016 07:45 AM

cjoseph,

Yes, I am referring to Gurst accounts.  What mechanism checks guest accounts for valid email address?  Is that even possible?

• 7.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2016 08:48 AM

What is the workflow you have configured?  Do you have guests entering a username and password or just a username to access the network?  If they are just entering a username (anonymous login), there is no checking that the email address is valid, just that it is structured like an email address.

• 8.  RE: clearpass/onboarding password restrictions

Posted Apr 11, 2016 09:48 AM

Right now we are using anonymous logins.  but trying to change where the user will have to input a user name and email to get the access code.  Do I check LDAP from external servers or would it be easier to use Auto sponsoring with Guest.