Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

Hello Airheads:

I would like your help with a procedure to close default ports that it hasn't been used. We would like to close some default ports for security reasons.

I found a description of the ports and we don't use some services like 1723, 500, 8082, etc.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS%206_3_1_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Defaults/Default_Open_Ports.htm

Best regards

Karlink

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

If you haven't already, please look at the ArubaOS Hardening Guide     here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/EntryId/16036/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx to see if it will answer any of your questions about that.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

If you haven't already, please look at the ArubaOS Hardening Guide     here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/EntryId/16036/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx to see if it will answer any of your questions about that.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Hi Cjoseph:

Great info, definitively I will used. One last question, could you help me with a procedure to block this ports, sorry I am a kind of new in this type of configuration.

Best regards

Karlink

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Why do you want to block those ports?  Your answer will determine the proper method to be used.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

for security reasons, we had an internal vulnerabilities scanning and the security department asked us to block these ports.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

I would save some time and give your security group that document.  Many automated scanners generate false positives for those ports.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Good idea, I will do.... Thank you for your help.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: