Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

configure a SD branch/VPNC network

This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  configure a SD branch/VPNC network

Posted Oct 29, 2019 09:19 AM

Hi.

Im new to the aruba controllers, iv done clearpass, airware and aruba switch a lot.

I'm about to build a sd branch network, and trying to configure my VPNC (got 2 x 7030 controlleres) do i have to install a special firmware? or just the normal controller firmware, i'm installing them as 2 x standalone master/slave cluster setup (no mobility master) when this is done iv got 1 x 7008 to be the branch controller.

Anything special i need to know? i'v tried to look at the sd branch fundimental design guide and i don't want to manage them in central.

Hope you can help me.

Morten

• 2.  RE: configure a SD branch/VPNC network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2019 11:11 AM

Hi,

Configuring VPNC (SD-Branch) solution requires Aruba-Central. It is mandatory. Without Aruba Central we cannot assign the VPNC role to 7030, and make use of the overlay routing and tunnel services in the cloud. Please find the SDWAN code in the support.arubanetworks.com website and upgrade it. 

More information on Overlay Tunnel Orchestrator/Overlay Route Orchestrator is here : https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/34365/Default.aspx

• 3.  RE: configure a SD branch/VPNC network

Posted Oct 30, 2019 06:14 AM

Hi, iv got them in central, just don't want to manage them in there, that requires another licenses i'v heard.

Look all over the asp site for the firmware, didn't think about looking in the "old" portal.

Upgrading them now then i'll see if i can figure out the rest.

Thx for the link

Morten