Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

copy controller configuration

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 12, 2013 06:02 AM

We have a 3400 series controller, and we want to upgrade to 3600 . If there a way to copy all the configuration from 3400 to 3600 including network configuration(VRRP,vlans ect) . 

• 2.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 12, 2013 07:56 AM

you can backup the flash from the old controller and restore them on the new controller. 

The Below KB article should help you 

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-234

• 3.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 13, 2013 05:35 AM

Dear Vinod,

Thanks for your response and suggestion . Will the flash contain license information . If i copy flash from 3400 to 3600 will it copy licenses too . 

• 4.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 13, 2013 01:14 PM

• 5.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 17, 2013 02:03 AM

Thanks, will this work if we want to copy the exact configuration from 3400 to 3600 controllers ?

• 6.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 17, 2013 02:15 AM

well, i never tried it but i think yes with a little adjustment in ports and ip configuration.

make sure you try it first before fully implement it.

• 7.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 13, 2013 01:15 PM

you need to copy the licenses to the flash first. find the export/import license under controller configuration -> licenses

though, i think the licenses is bound by the SN of the controller.

• 8.  RE: copy controller configuration

Posted Mar 18, 2013 01:53 AM

If you are paranoid (like me), you might want to do a "show ap active" and grab a list of the connected APs.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_61/ArubaOS_61_CLI/showap.htm

If on the same L2 network, they should all come back on okay.  But if there are problems (different L2 etc), then you at least have a quick cheat sheet of which APs might be looking for a home.