Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

disable just the USB on an AP225

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  disable just the USB on an AP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2015 10:35 AM

Is it possible to disable just the USB port on the AP225?

They have dual connections so don't want the second ethernet to be disabled.

I see in the provisioning profile there is the option 'usb-power-mode enable|disable'.  Will that do the trick?

• 2.  RE: disable just the USB on an AP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 19, 2015 10:37 AM
    I believe it's all or nothing with af power.

• 3.  RE: disable just the USB on an AP225

Posted Jun 21, 2015 07:08 AM

HI,

Are you looking this functionality ( Dual eth ports) for any specific purpose ? I believe we can disable it.

• 4.  RE: disable just the USB on an AP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2015 09:36 AM

@Michael_Clarke wrote:

Is it possible to disable just the USB port on the AP225?

They have dual connections so don't want the second ethernet to be disabled.

I see in the provisioning profile there is the option 'usb-power-mode enable|disable'.  Will that do the trick?

That command will ONLY enable the USB port on the AP when the AP is powered by  802.3af POE.  The second ethernet is not enabled when the AP is powered using 802.3af.

• 5.  RE: disable just the USB on an AP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2015 05:04 PM

The aps are powered with PoE+ and both ports in use with lacp.

Dont want to loose capability on the 2.4 GHz radios.  Will enabling 'ap-power-optimisation' still mean the 2.4 GHz radios work attheir full capacity and only the usb and 2nd ethernet disabled?

This customer had a visit by some auditors with a checkbox on their clipboard that says the usb needs to be disabled.

• 6.  RE: disable just the USB on an AP225
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2015 03:07 PM

Enabling the ap-poe-power-optimization provisioning option will disable the second ethernet port and the USB interface (only), regardless of power source. No other restrictions.

It is not possible to disable USB without also disabling the second ethernet port.

/Onno Harms, Aruba PLM

• 7.  RE: disable just the USB on an AP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 22, 2015 03:14 PM

Thanks for the input guys  :-)