Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Re: help configuring AP 125 for first time

Im eyeing on 2400 controller with OS 5.0. You think that is cool enough? Or get a higher model?
Guru Elite

What kind of network are you planning to deploy?  There are newer instant APs that do not require a controller...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

I have a simple network to build. 10 users. 2 AP-125. One 24 port main switch. I have found on ebay:

• 3200XM 4 Port
  • 2400 Controller 24 FE Ports 2 GE Ports

Which one do you recommend to go for?

Guru Elite

The 2400 has POE to power your AP-125s, so if those were your two choices, I would prefer the 2400.  Again, all of these devices are end of life (especially the 2400), so please do your research !  I am just providing limited advice based on your circumstances.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks a lot cjoseph. I know you are extensing help for me. I really appreciate it. Im kiving you kudos as well for yiur answers. I will check newer versions.
Guru Elite

If you only have two access points, I would consider the IAP-305 or the IAP-315.  Both do not require a controller and they are currently supported.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

I have already purchased the 2 x AP-125. So I better look for a controller. I think S3500-24P controller is a good option. Right?
Guru Elite

S3500 cannot terminate APs.  It is only a switch.  It is also discontinued.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

soy nuevo en aruba necesito saber si los controles permiten que en un puerto funcionen varios ap
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: