Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

iOS devices don't trust my certificate!

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  iOS devices don't trust my certificate!

Posted May 08, 2015 06:48 AM

Hi all,

I faced a weird issue: I'm using Comodo Radius server certificate in CPPM and all devices work well with wireless 802.1X with EAP-PEAP except iOS devices. It seems that they don't trust my certificate:

ios-cert.jpg

My certificate is build like this:

ROOT CA (CN=AddTrust External CA Root) -> INTERMEDIATE CA (CN=COMODO RSA Certification Authority) -> INTERMEDIATE CA (CN=COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA) -> MY-CPPM-SERVER-CERT (CN=COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA)

All the other devices such Androids trust the certificate and the problems seems to be only with iOS devices. The root CA should be trusted in iOS (here's the list: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204132).

Any suggestions for this?

• 2.  RE: iOS devices don't trust my certificate!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2015 06:51 AM
    The first time you use any certificate with IOS, it will ask you to trust it.

• 3.  RE: iOS devices don't trust my certificate!

Posted May 08, 2015 07:13 AM

But shouldn't the iOS still show it as trusted because the CA ROOT is trusted?

• 4.  RE: iOS devices don't trust my certificate!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2015 07:14 AM
    It's not saying it's not trusted. It's saying it's not verified for that connection. There are many posts on this topic on here. It's a normal part of the PEAP process.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: iOS devices don't trust my certificate!

Posted May 08, 2015 07:18 AM

Ok I see. Thanks for the anwsers guys!