Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

iPhone cannot connect via guest network

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  iPhone cannot connect via guest network

Posted Feb 20, 2017 02:22 PM

I am configuring an IAP-205 (6.4.2.6-4.1.1.6_50009) to allow guest access. I have installed a new security certificate and have no trouble with Android or Windows devices. They connect and are prompted or redirected to the internal acknowledgement page. After acknowledgement they are redirected to an external page(company website). ios devices connect, I see them on the WUI but they are never prompted or redirected to the acknowledgement page. In searching for answers I see something about apple-cna-bypass an was wondering if this might be my problem. But no where did I find at least in a manner I understood how to enable this. So what do I need to do to get apple devices working on my guest network? Thanks

• 2.  RE: iPhone cannot connect via guest network

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 03:02 AM

Hey, have you tried unchecking the auto-login and auto-join within the iOS settings? I've had to disable these before

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204497

Also try allowing the  following domains in your pre-logon role.

www.appleiphonecell.com
    captive.apple.com
    captive.apple.com
    www.apple.com
    www.itools.info
    www.ibook.info
    www.airport.us
    www.thinkdifferent.us

• 3.  RE: iPhone cannot connect via guest network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 01:00 PM
    Or block this in your pre auth role so that the cna does not work

• 4.  RE: iPhone cannot connect via guest network
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2017 01:16 PM

Thanks guys. It appears my problem was with the iPhone I was using to test with. Tried several other idevices and they work properly.

• 5.  RE: iPhone cannot connect via guest network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 02:12 PM

Thanks for the update.

nice that you solved it!