Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

importing accounts from the internal controller captive portal into clear pass guest?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  importing accounts from the internal controller captive portal into clear pass guest?

Posted Jul 04, 2012 12:16 PM
    Anyone done this?

• 2.  RE: importing accounts from the internal controller captive portal into clear pass guest?

Posted Jul 04, 2012 01:41 PM

I checked the database backup file from he controller and it seems to contain a md5 hash of the user password, which I guess can be imported into CPG - but apologies all - before I start breaking this file up with a python - is there just some kind of obscure import button that does this already?

again if i have missed something really obvious apologies!!!!

• 3.  RE: importing accounts from the internal controller captive portal into clear pass guest?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2012 06:13 AM

Probably the most straightforward way is to type "encrypt disable" on the commandline of the controller and then type "show local-userdb".  import that text output into a spreadsheet and take it from there.

• 4.  RE: importing accounts from the internal controller captive portal into clear pass guest?

Posted Jul 05, 2012 06:18 AM

..ahh.. yep, of course... doh

:smileyfrustrated: