Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

question about airgroup blocked-query-ids

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  question about airgroup blocked-query-ids

Posted Nov 26, 2019 04:52 AM

I've been creating some airgroup service profiles of the form UoY-<something> and adding them to our airgroup profile.

What I've been doing is  logging onto a media master cd'ing to the controler tree ( /md/uoy/dev in our case) and typing show airgroup blocked-queries. If theres a service with a high hit rate that loooks as if it needs to be enabled I add it to one of my airgroup services and push the change to the controllers.

Porblem is  after typing clear airgroup statistics blocked-queries I'm still seeing blocked counts for services that I've already enabled.

eg

AirGroup dropped Query IDs
    --------------------------
    Service ID #query-hits Thread Num
    ---------- ----------- ----------
    _spotify-connect._tcp                                              223 4
    _homekit._tcp                                                         937 4
    8e4d07a7._sub._apple-mobdev2._tcp                   4     4

So above I've certainly got _spotify-connect._tcp & _homekit._tcp  enabled, and _sub._apple-mobdev2._tcp which I thought would cover <hex>._sub.....

So why would a controller still show blocked query ids  ? The two above have been enabled for a long time so can't believe its a cache /session thing