Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

"Logged Alert Visibilty" in System > Triggers.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  "Logged Alert Visibilty" in System > Triggers.

Posted Aug 06, 2014 11:25 AM

Could anyone explain the "Logged Alert Visibility" options avalable when creating a trigger please?

I gather that the options are available in order to restrict viewing of the alert to AMP users.

"By Triggering Agent": I assume that this is the device that triggered the alert.

"By Role": I imagine that this restricts viewing of the alert to AMP users that have visibility of the folder in which the device is located.

Since the triggering agent (device) will already be in a folder, which restricts AMP users viewing it, I fail to understand the options.

Thank you,

Johnny.

• 2.  RE: "Logged Alert Visibilty" in System > Triggers.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2014 01:23 PM

You're pretty close.

By Triggering Agent: user roles that have visibility of the device will be able to see the alert generated

Example:

UserA and UserB have different roles (RoleA, RoleB) restricting visibility of BuildingA and BuildingB respectively.  AMP admin creates trigger with visibility by triggering agent.  AP in BuildingA causes trigger to fire -> only UserA can see the alert, UserB does not see the alert.  Admin users would have visibility of all.

By Role: user roles that match the role of the user who created the alert will have visibility of alerts generated

Example:

UserA creates a trigger, it fires.  UserB does not have visibility since their role is not the same.

Admin creates a trigger -> only other Admin users can view.

• 3.  RE: "Logged Alert Visibilty" in System > Triggers.

Posted Aug 07, 2014 05:56 AM

Thanks for that very straight forward explanation Rob.

Johnny.