Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

show client connections to mesh points

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  show client connections to mesh points

Posted Mar 26, 2014 03:06 AM

Hi,

we are running a remote mesh with one remote mesh portal and five mesh points for a couple of years now. The mesh VAP has to be split-tunneling forward mode while the "real" VAP was in tunnel mode. Using this configuration, we were able to see the connection between our clients and remote mesh portal or remote mesh points. ArubaOS is 6.2.1.3.

Yesterday, we switched the "real" VAP forward mode to split-tunneling. This is working well and the tunnel is not used for Internet traffic anymore as expected. However, in the controller management (Monitoring | Clients) all clients seem to be connected to the remote mesh portal now. None of the mesh points is having client connections anymore. This is just impossible.

Is there a way to see which client is connected to which mesh point?

Best,

Dirk

• 2.  RE: show client connections to mesh points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2014 03:30 AM

Dirk,

Does "show ap association ap-name <name of ap>" tell you what clients are connected to what access points?

• 3.  RE: show client connections to mesh points

Posted Mar 26, 2014 05:40 AM

No, not really. The command is working for all on-premise access points but does not give me any information for my remote APs. I checked them all and none does show any clients.

Dirk

• 4.  RE: show client connections to mesh points

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2014 07:37 AM

I am not sure that many people use the Remote Mesh feature, so it would be interesting to hear from others who are using it on this forum, or you might want to try opening a case with TAC.

• 5.  RE: show client connections to mesh points

Posted Apr 14, 2014 02:53 AM

Aruba support said that this is currently not working. So I asked our dealer to create a feature request.

Best,

Dirk