Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: surface device disconnection issues

danderson79 wrote:

I'm told it's fixed in 6.4.4.16, but as yet, the release notes haven't been updated with the bug fix information.

https://support.arubanetworks.com/DownloadSoftware/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=27397

6.4.4.16 release notes have been updated with the bug fix:

surface.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Employee

Sorry, the patch did not make 6.5.4.2. It is in 6.5.4.3.
Aruba Employee

Sorry I retract my previous post. Looks like this fix did make 6.5.4.2. My mistake.
MVP

Please bear in mind, this fix is for one specific issue that might occur in conjunction with Surface Pro devices.

Shawn Adams
Aruba Networks Customer Advocacy
Occasional Contributor II

It seems unlikely that the bug is purely surface-specific, based on our troubleshooting and a few other customers reporting similar problems.
Guru Elite

philliplyle wrote:
That seems unlikely, based on our troubleshooting and a few other customers reporting similar problems.

The fix in the release notes above is a "narrow" fix, in narrow circumstances.  If everyone would post their TAC case numbers in this thread, we can start defining problems and sorting them into their proper buckets.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Hi Guys,

I can confirm that after two weeks running with the new firmware and disabling the workaround, that this issue has been resolved for our site.

We have around 50+ Surface Books running happily on our wireless with no disconnection issues.

Cheers,

Aaron 

Guru Elite

philliplyle wrote:
That seems unlikely, based on our troubleshooting and a few other customers reporting similar problems.

philliplyle,

Please clarify what you are seeing, because this thread is about surface disconnection issues.  If it is about something different, or additional, let's open up another thread so that it can get the attention it deserves.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

TAC case #5322484848

The exact same symptoms as the OP.   The bug fix release notes don't specifically reference that this is a surface only problem/fix.  We have a much larger environment, and have seem a client mix exhibit the described behavior (Mac, iPhone, Android, Windows), where they remain associated but don't pass traffic for a period of time to a particular AP.   Our senior TAC engineer seemed to think it was applicable.  

It's still possible it may have also solved our problem, but it's just harder for us to tell  quickly with 8500 concurrent devices connected, as reports don't always make their way back in a timely fashion.  I'm glad the OP at least has reported an improvement, as it gives us hope.  

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Okay.

Then it is not a surface-specific issue, then.  It is something larger.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: