Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

uploading controller config data to new mobility master

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  uploading controller config data to new mobility master

Posted Sep 15, 2020 03:53 PM

We had an outside firm set up a pair of 7205 controllers to manage the WiFi network and that has been working without issue. They then set up a mobility master that can see the controllers, all APs and clients. When I recently went to provision a new AP, I discovered that none of the AP groups were available to select from so the WLANs can't push out to the new AP.

Upon further inspection, I found that WLAN, group, and a great deal more information appears to only be available on the controllers. And I don't have the ability to provision new APs on the controllers.

How do I get the controllers to "upload' all information to the mobility master so I can do all the management at that level?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: uploading controller config data to new mobility master

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 04:06 PM
      |   view attached

When logged into the Mobility Master do you see a configuration structure like the image attached and inline? Your Configuration would take place under the Managed Network section, most likely in the next folder down like you see on mine as Home-Lab.

Dustin-Burns_0-1600200511577.png

• 3.  RE: uploading controller config data to new mobility master
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 15, 2020 04:11 PM

Dustin-Burns_0-1600200816941.png

Dustin-Burns_1-1600200824968.png

Dustin-Burns_2-1600200832218.png

• 4.  RE: uploading controller config data to new mobility master

Posted Sep 16, 2020 09:22 AM

Yes, I do see the structure like you show there. I still am unable to choose those AP groups when provisioning new APs through the mobility master, however.

• 5.  RE: uploading controller config data to new mobility master

Posted Sep 16, 2020 09:50 AM

I was able to browse to the controller group and when I selected this, then tried provisioning the AP again, I was able to select the required AP group. Now all the WLANs are showing as allocated on the new AP.

I am all set, thanks!