Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

what is the max for a single wireless client

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  what is the max for a single wireless client

Posted Dec 07, 2016 07:16 AM
      |   view attached

Let see..I have a problem in understanding of wireless AP capability and wireless client capability..I have been testing wireless environment..here's what I'm confuse with..if an AP can transmit up to 450Mbps on 802.11n - 2.4GHz network, should the wireless client get this kind of speed if there are only one connected..I know in reality we cant reach that 450Mbps..but then what is the max that a single client can get..in windows, we can see there are information about connection speed..as an example..I connect to 802.11n 2.4GHz and the speed of the connection state by windows is 72Mbps..can i go beyond 72Mbps as the AP transmit more than that..or does it mean the client can only get below 72Mbps no matter the circumstances..when i test the speed i only got 33-36Mbps max..does this affect by my client device capability..? 

I'm sorry for the long question. I hope you can understand what I meant. I've attach the screenshot of the speed information that i mean to say on the question. It is only an example as that is not the information of the tested device. I've difficulty in understanding this as most of people and even principle only review about the AP itself and not the client..

• 2.  RE: what is the max for a single wireless client
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2016 07:40 AM
    A client using 2.4 with 2 streams can get up to 144 Megs data rate and real throughput will be half of that since wireless is a shared medium

Please take a look at this chart: http://mcsindex.com/

• 3.  RE: what is the max for a single wireless client

Posted Dec 07, 2016 09:59 PM

Thank you Victor..that clarify my confusion..however I'm not really familiar with the sheet you attached..if you dont mind could you tell is the message there..

Thank you for your hardwork.