Wireless Water Cooler

last person joined: 18 days ago 

Hang out and socialize with other community members in this off topic forum. Everything from industry trends to hobbies and interests are welcomed!
Expand all | Collapse all

Standing up V-MM/MC on ESXi 7.0- New UI - ASP docs are 5.5

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Standing up V-MM/MC on ESXi 7.0- New UI - ASP docs are 5.5

Posted Apr 25, 2020 11:09 AM

Hey Team... I'm trying to stand up a Virtual-MM/MC -LAB environment. I'm not the VM guru, and I'm much more comfortable with ESXi5.5, which has the vSPhere Client, but unable to download/find it. I'm now stuck with the new ESXi 7.0, which offers the HTML5/browser connectivity to the ESXi host. In trying to stand up a Virtual MM/MC using the Aruba How to guide/Install guide on a VM; the steps are aligned with using ESXi 5.5. I can't seem to get past "click on configuration tab" as it's not an option in ESXi 7.0...  I'm sure the setup is there, but I'm not familiar with the steps using 7.0.   TIA

• 2.  RE: Standing up V-MM/MC on ESXi 7.0- New UI - ASP docs are 5.5

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 25, 2020 03:37 PM

Regarding the "ArubaOS 8.6.0.0 Virtual Appliance Installation Guide" official VMware 6.7 is the latest supported version.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00092460en_us

VMware announced in May 2016 that the Legacy C# Client (aka thick client, desktop client, or vSphere Client) will no longer be available with the vSphere 6.5 release.

What specific issue you run into?

• 3.  RE: Standing up V-MM/MC on ESXi 7.0- New UI - ASP docs are 5.5

Posted May 03, 2020 09:47 AM

My apologies for the late reply. But thanks for providing the details within the doc. I was able to find the option with 6.5/6.7 which was close to 7.0.  I found out how to get it go going directly from vSphere.  I appreciate your help.