Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

OpenDNS support on Controllers

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  OpenDNS support on Controllers

Posted Jul 04, 2018 07:41 PM

As i understand IAP support OpenDNS, where you can enrol the device as an umbrella appliance (username and password), therefore enforcing OpenDNS policies, regardless of endpoint DNS server set.

This is a great feature but i dont see this option on a controller level (ArubaOS). Is this possible?

Before people reply that you can set DHCP scope options to push out OpenDNS IPs, what i am talking about is different. Appliance level enforces policies and provides better reporting.

• 2.  RE: OpenDNS support on Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 10:50 AM

@!van wrote:

As i understand IAP support OpenDNS, where you can enrol the device as an umbrella appliance (username and password), therefore enforcing OpenDNS policies, regardless of endpoint DNS server set.

This is a great feature but i dont see this option on a controller level (ArubaOS). Is this possible?

Before people reply that you can set DHCP scope options to push out OpenDNS IPs, what i am talking about is different. Appliance level enforces policies and provides better reporting.

No, the controller platforms do now share the OpenDNS functionality that's present in Instant.