Developer

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.8.1 API - how to handle access points in new devices section

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.8.1 API - how to handle access points in new devices section

Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:37 AM

Hi all,

We are currently working on an automated AP replacement script to upgrade our access point.

The script reads all APs present in Airwave and stores their ap_id, ap_name, VisualRF site_id, x and y coordinates in a database.

When we replace one AP we would like to use the values of the old AP for VisualRF placement. Therefor we created another database storing the old ap_name and the new ap_name to match which ap replaced a certain ap.

At the moment we are facing an issue that new access points discovered end up in the "New Devices" but doesn't have any ap_id yet. Therefor it cannot be used for the API ap_update request, since you need an ap_id.

We always add ap's to a certain folder, after doing that manually the ap has a ap_id that can be used.

Is there any way to automate "New Devices" to be added to a certain folder automatically, so we don't have to intervene manually? 

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.8.1 API - how to handle access points in new devices section
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 04:06 AM

Default all newly discovered devices will be placed in new device list. We can automatically place the devices in any folder. Go to AMPSetup> General > Automatic Authorization section and choose folder/group from drop down list.

Note: First we need to create folders/groups in Devices>List page.

Capture.PNG

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.8.1 API - how to handle access points in new devices section

Posted Jan 10, 2020 07:26 AM

I feel a bit stupid, I should have found this option myself.

Since I am not an Airwave engineer but just simply automating I didn't find it so easily.

Since we are replacing APs we choose option:  Same Group or Folder as closest IP neighbor

This will automatically put the AP in the correct group because older APs are still present