Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

New IAP Login

This thread has been viewed 26 times
  • 1.  New IAP Login

Posted Feb 19, 2020 11:51 AM

Hey,

I have a new IAP 207 I am attempting to log into. I found posts that stated the new default password is the serial number of the access point. I have tried that and it still states it is incorrect. I have tried with lowercase and uppercase letters. I have consoled into it, but admin, nor the serial number works there either. I have factory reset it via the push button and the apboot menu several times. According to the boot up info, it is running 8.5 OS. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: New IAP Login

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 12:49 PM

Try again by holding the reset button down before you power it up, and then hold once powered up for about 15 seconds. Try to login again after that.

• 3.  RE: New IAP Login

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:06 PM

default logins are:

• admin/admin
    • admin/serialnumber (in latest firmwares)

Follow the recommendations as Dustin allready told you. Let us known your findings.

• 4.  RE: New IAP Login

Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:20 PM

Thanks everyone. I used the reset button again, by holding it down, powering off, powering it on and maintaining the hold for 15 secs. I attempted to log in via the GUI again using admin and the serial number (using caps) and it still says login failed. I will try factory_reset in the boot menu again as well.

• 5.  RE: New IAP Login

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:57 PM

How many IAP do you have? is it possible is automaticly joined to another IAP cluster?

If not properly your best option is to open a TAC case for this. 

• 6.  RE: New IAP Login

Posted Feb 20, 2020 08:36 AM

Everyone,

I took the AP home where I have a 305. I plugged it in and when trying to browse to the IP it was given it kept redirecting to my VC, so I know it was doing what it was supposed to be doing. I was way behind on firmware so I upgraded to 8.5 on my AP. Once I was on the same version, I was able to see the 207. I unplugged the 305 and left the 207 online just to confirm that it would still work and it did. So as of now, I am able to access it since it inherited my admin password, but I am still unsure why it was not working previously.

So just to clarify, on this AP the serial number is CNH4JST4LM, so I am using username: admin and password: CNH4JST4LM 

If that is correct, then I will chalk it up to a bug or something, but if that isn't correct, please correct me. I appreciate everyone's help with this. Thanks!

• 7.  RE: New IAP Login

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2021 10:49 AM
    if you examined the default IAP setup, it should be in "cluster mode", meaning, if you have a IAP with compatible firmware, it will seek the VC and auto-join the cluster.  therefore, if your 305 and 207 are both up, you see 207 is in the 305 cluster.   furthermore, once it joined the cluster, it inherited the configuration of the VC, that is why your admin pwd works, you have do a factory reset to get out of it.   to boot your IAP in standalone mode, you need to change the IAP model swarm-mode instead of cluster mode.  see https://community.arubanetworks.com/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=47005

------------------------------
    Peter Huang
    ------------------------------