Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

This thread has been viewed 29 times
  • 1.  Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 03:54 AM

Hi,

How can I change the power settings of a particular AP (AP-515) in Aruba 7205 running Aruba OS 8.6.4.0. I was able to change the ARM settings but it was affecting all the APs. 

Thanks,

Ajin.

• 2.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 05:29 AM

Is this a standalone controller or do you have an mm?

• 3.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 05:45 AM

hi cjoseph,

this is a standalone controller with HA.

thanks,

Ajin

• 4.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 05:56 AM

Aruba APs were not setup with static channel and power in mind, so it is not easy to set static AP power.  Here is how I would do it:

Setup a new RF dot11a or RF dot11g radio profile that has the channel and power (EIRP) that you want.  Setup a new ARM profile that has ARM setting set to disabled and assign it to that radio profile.  Lastly, assign that radio profile to an AP specifically:

config t

ap-name <name of your ap>

rf dot11g-radio-profile <name of that radio profile you created>

• 5.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 05:59 AM

Can I create the new radio profile from GUI. I am not able to find the option to add new radio profile.

• 6.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:04 AM

Configuration >  All Profiles.

• 7.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:14 AM

Got it. 

It's Configuration --> System --> Profiles -->RF Management 

And then select an existing one and edit it and submit as new profile.Correct right?

Thanks.

• 8.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:20 AM

One more doubt, Can I disable ARM and set static power for the APs?? I disabled the ARM and tried to change the EIRP seting under WLAN Radio of the AP group but it was going back to the default value when I apply the configuration. Its not allowing me to change the value. How can I change it?

• 9.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:34 AM

If you set arm to disable, all aps will have the channel and power in the radio profile.  If you want to set all aps to the same power, just set arm min and max tx power to the same thing.

• 10.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:44 AM

Thank you. But somehow it was reverting to the original value when applying the new values. I think it is a bug with the version.

• 11.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:56 AM

If you are going to do static channels/power, create a radio profile and an ARM disabled profile for the channel that you want and apply it to the AP using ap-specific configuration.  That will override anything that is applied in the ap-group.  Aruba does not make it easy to create a static AP plan on a widespread basis.

• 12.  RE: Change AP specific EIRP in Aruba OS8

MVP
    Posted Jun 13, 2020 06:58 AM

Will do that. Thank you