Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

Posted Mar 10, 2023 03:48 PM

Hello All,

I am having a tremendously terrible time trying to configure an AP for AP on a Stick survey. I get the IP address to assign. I am able to get the GUI to launch and open with the new IP address. I have setup the region, admin creds, and created WLAN. I cannot get my SSID to broadcast and if I do a show ap bss-table it shows no SSID and status light stays RED.

If I connect AP with network, it will display SSID and allow devices to connect to it just not in stand alone mode.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2023 05:08 PM

do have this AP in standalone mode?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

Posted Mar 11, 2023 06:39 AM

The AP searches for instant cluster, if eth link is down, it can't do it and wait until link is UP - and dont broadcast any SSIDs.
    Set the AIP in standalone mode.

Use "setenv standalone_mode 1" and "saveenv" in apboot.

Regards,

Waldemar
    ACCX # 1377, ACEP, ACA - Network Security
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2023 03:35 PM

follow this procedure which was discussed here

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 11, 2023 05:48 PM

Did you convert your AP from cluster mode to standalone mode?

Marcel Koedijk | MVP Expert 2023 | ACEP | ACMP | ACCP | ACDP | Ekahau ECSE | Not an HPE Employee | Opinions are my own

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

Posted Mar 27, 2023 12:08 PM

Thanks for your Feedback. Yes the AP was in standalone mode. We found that it was a power issue. We attempted three different wireless PoE injectors and all three had the same issue. While they were supposed to provide 48 watts of power we identified that the AP was only receiving 15w. So the AP did not have enough to provide power to the radios. We connected to an AT power injector with external power supply unit and the radios were broadcasting.

End results was not related to poor configuration but to poor equipment being used to provide PoE power to AP.

Thanks,

• 7.  RE: Aruba IAP AP-515 Stand-alone mode for Wireless Survey

Posted Mar 27, 2023 11:57 AM

Hello All,

Thanks for your Feedback. Yes the AP was in standalone mode. We found that it was a power issue. We attempted three different wireless PoE injectors and all three had the same issue. While they were supposed to provide 48 watts of power we identified that the AP was only receiving 15w. So the AP did not have enough to provide power to the radios. We connected to an AT power injector with external power supply unit and the radios were broadcasting.

End results was not related to poor configuration but to poor equipment being used to provide PoE power to AP.

Thanks,