Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 13 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

HP5500-48G-Poe+

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 04, 2023 04:21 PM

Any one know how to do a total reset on this?

• 2.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 05, 2023 02:05 AM

Depends. If you are able to login to the switch, just enter "reset saved-configuration" and > prompt (user view) and reboot the switch. Say NO at the prompt "Save current configuration"-

If you can't login, then connect to the console port and go to boot loader menu and select Skip current configuration option.

You have many hits on this question if you just google it.

Also you can check documentation of the switch.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Expert 2023

• 3.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 07, 2023 05:40 PM

Curious where I would change this?  I believed a reset would reset this to 1?

• 4.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 07, 2023 05:42 PM
      |   view attached

Forgot to include the jpeg

• 5.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2023 04:38 AM

If I remember correctly, the IRF Stacking configuration stands separate from the switch configuration. You may need to reset the stacking configuration as well, or renumber this member to be member 1. Check here on how to renumber, and with the irf commands you may find a command to reset irf as well. I don't have a switch online to test this for you.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 6.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 10, 2023 09:37 PM
      |   view attached

I was finally able to get the switch to the right IP, Yeah!  Can access it.  I'm curious where would I find the latest software and firmware for it?

Here is picture of what's installed.

• 7.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 10, 2023 09:45 PM

It is a JG542A

• 8.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2023 08:08 AM

https://asp.arubanetworks.com/downloads;products=HPE%20FlexNetwork%20Switches;productSeries=HPE%205500%20HI%20Switch%20Series

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 9.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 14, 2023 12:52 PM

This seems to be the newest  5500.HI_5.20.R5501P36  should just install this one?  Is there firmware somewhere also?

Thanks sorry I'm so uninformed.

• 10.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2023 04:25 AM

I would pick that version as well. Please be informed that this switch is end of life and end of support. So if things don't work, you are on your own. Maybe fine for lab/testing usage, but not recommended for production use.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 11.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 15, 2023 09:48 AM

Is there firmware somewhere also?

I'm using this for my home. Is there a way to know which version is currently installed?

• 12.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 15, 2023 09:49 AM

Sorry forgot to ask, are all of my setting retained if I install this latest software?

• 13.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 15, 2023 10:56 AM

If you save it with command "save" before upgrade, then yes, it will retain the configuration.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj
    MVP Expert 2023

• 14.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2023 04:17 AM

Always good to keep a backup of your configuration during any upgrade/downgrade or change. But the switch should keep it's configuration during an upgrade (and most times during a downgrade as well).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------

• 15.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 17, 2023 03:27 PM
      |   view attached

How can I know if it took?  Is there somewhere I can tell what version is installed? 

• 16.  RE: HP5500-48G-Poe+

Posted Aug 17, 2023 05:56 PM

It took. I rebooted and now it says the new version. Thanks everyone.