Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 25 times
  • 1.  DHCP Issue

Posted May 11, 2019 05:43 AM

Hi Peeps,

Actually I'm facing an issue with Aruba controller 7005, after provisioning my AP 228, I'm not getting DHCP on mobile but on laptop it's working fine.

Can you advise troubleshooting steps ?

Thanks & Regards

Keshav

• 2.  RE: DHCP Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2019 06:22 AM

Please try to turn on dhcp debugging on your 7005:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-Why-is-my-client-NOT-getting-a-DHCP-address/td-p/6825

Please note in ArubaOS 8.x the format for logging is slightly different than 6.x, so you should use the tab key to autocomplete your commands.

• 3.  RE: DHCP Issue

Posted May 11, 2019 07:15 AM
    Hi Joseph,

Will check that in my office tomorrow.

Another thing, can dhcp fails because of poE injector not sending enough power ?

• 4.  RE: DHCP Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2019 08:09 AM

I have never seen that scenario.  That doesn't mean it is not possible.  The dhcp debug would show you if the client is requesting it and if the server is responding.  That is probably the best way to start to narrow it down.

• 5.  RE: DHCP Issue

Posted May 12, 2019 05:23 AM

Hi,

Today I got another issue.

After provisioning AP, access point remains red and no ssid is broadcasting.

(Coldroom) #show user-table verbose

Users
    -----
    IP MAC Name Role Age(d:h:m) Auth VPN link AP name Roaming Essid/Bssid/Phy Profile Forward mode Type Host Name Server Vlan Bwm UaStr:ParseDisable/Flag/ShortIndex
    ---------- ------------ ------ ---- ---------- ---- -------- ------- ------- --------------- ------- ------------ ---- --------- ------ ---- --- ----------------------------------
    192.168.151.117 00:00:00:00:00:00 sys-ap-role 00:00:19 TRANSPORT-VPN N/A default-cap tunnel Internal 0 (0) OFF/0/0

User Entries: 1/1
    Curr/**bleep** Alloc:1/3 Free:0/2 Dyn:1 AllocErr:0 FreeErr:0

Can you please help.

Attachment(s)

txt
    log ap228.txt   6 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: DHCP Issue

Posted May 12, 2019 07:19 AM
    What do you see in the ap table? Are the ap’s connected and placed in the correct group?

• 7.  RE: DHCP Issue
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2019 06:15 AM

Yes problem solved.

I bypass poE injector and instead I used my poE switch aruba 2530.

Thanks