Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Static channel assignment for each AP on the same AP group

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Static channel assignment for each AP on the same AP group

Posted Aug 07, 2020 04:13 AM

Hi, I'm trying to set a static channel for each AP in the same AP group. For example, AP-1 will use channel 1, AP-2 will use channel 6, but both AP belong in the same AP group. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

On my setup, I'm currently using a 7010 controller, AP-535, and AP-515.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Static channel assignment for each AP on the same AP group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 07:17 AM

Which version of ArubaOS?  If this is 8.x, you would use the Airmatch AP Freeze command:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_86_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/1cli-commands/airmatch-ap.htm?Highlight=freeze

• 3.  RE: Static channel assignment for each AP on the same AP group

Posted Aug 07, 2020 07:20 AM

Im using ArubaOS 8. Can those commands be used without a mobility master?

• 4.  RE: Static channel assignment for each AP on the same AP group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2020 07:39 AM

If you do not have a mobility master, you would have to set it up manually.  Please see the thread here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Change-AP-specific-EIRP-in-Aruba-OS8/td-p/658181

• 5.  RE: Static channel assignment for each AP on the same AP group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2020 03:11 AM

Please note that fine-tuning ARM and leaving the channel and power assignment automatic is the preferred method. Static channel and power assignment are deprecated in most cases as the network will not be able to adapt to changes like interference and under/over coverage.