Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

Posted Feb 25, 2020 11:04 AM

Hello all,

Cisco's documentation lists that Aruba supports the ability to simply log into the interface for the device, then enter the username and password for your Cisco Umbrella account.

Has anyone done this? I am having trouble finding where exactly this option is. And would I be logging into the controller or can it be done through the mobility master?

• 2.  RE: Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 02:12 PM

Have you tried logging in with your account on the OpenDNS settings page in the IAP, or is this for a controller? From the controller end, I think this is just enabling the controller to act as DHCP for the VLAN, and using OpenDNS IPs for DNS. See screenshot below for the IAP OpenDNS login:

OpenDNS.jpg

• 3.  RE: Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

Posted Feb 25, 2020 03:37 PM

Thank you! I am looking for that option in the controller, as I heard it was now available on the controller as well as IAP. 

Maybe its something I have to contact TAC on just to be sure.

• 4.  RE: Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:27 AM

Where did you see the notification of this being an option? Was is in release notes?

• 5.  RE: Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:33 AM

A combination of Cisco Umbrella documentation and this thread here: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/OpenDNS-support-on-Controllers/m-p/441209

• 6.  RE: Where to configure Cisco Umbrella?

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 26, 2020 10:38 AM

I believe that was a typo in his post. I think he meant "do not" and not "do now"